- Short title: This Constitution may be called the constitution of Jammu & Kashmir Administrative Service officers' Association.
- Definition: In this constitution unless the context otherwise requires:
- a) 'Government' means the Government of Jammu & Kashmir. b) 'Service' means the service declared as Jammu & Kashmir Administrative Service by the Government. c) 'Member' means an Officer belonging to Jammu and Kashmir Administrative Service. d) 'Association' means the Association of the Jammu &Kashmir Administrative Service Officers. e) 'Bye-Laws' means the Bye-Laws of the Jammu & Kashmir Administrative Service Officers' Association.
- Headquarters: The Headquarters of the Association shall be the same as that of the Government.
- Aims and Objects: the aims and objects of the Association shall be:-
- i. T promote the common service interests of its members.
- ii. To develop & promote proper work culture in the service.
- iii. To safeguard the rights, privileges and interests of the members
- To demand such rights and privileges as are necessary for securing the service interests of the members.
- To espouse or support a cause of a member when it relates to or is concerned with the service in general.
- vi. To promote fellow feeling and inculcate a sense of fraternity amongst the members.
- vii. To organize the members and to project to the Government their needsldemands for improvement of their conditions of service.
- viii. To constitute a Welfare Fund to be utilized in the event of any exigency like death of a member or loss sustained by a member as a result of natural calamity/accident.
- ix. To appreciate and recognize the integrity and merit of the members.
- Management: The affairs of the Association shall be managed by an Executive Council comprising President, Vice President, General Secretary, Publicity Secretary, Treasurer and ten (10) Counselors
a) The Office Bearers and Counsellors of the Executive Council shall be elected by the General Body comprising all the members through secret ballot system. The elections shall be conducted under the supervision of General Administration Department.
b) The Election of the Executive Council shall be held after every two years. No Member shall be eligible for election as office Bearer for inore than two consecutive terms.
c] The president may in case of a vacancy of any office Bearer for a term of less than one year, nominate from amongst the Counsellors to fill up the same for the remainder of the term.
d) The Executive Council shall in case of a vacancy of any Office Bearer for a term of one year or more cause the vacancy to be filled by election from amongst the members through secret ballot system.
7.Meetings of General Body
i. 'The Executive Council shall convene the meeting of the General Body twice a year preferably in the months of September and march. The meeting held in March shall be the Annual General Meeting.
ii. The decision in the meeting shall be taken by a simple majority of the members present and voting.
iii. The Executive Council shall convene a special meeting of the General Body on requisition in writing from not less than 1110th of the Members of the General Body.
iv. The agenda, venue and time of the meetings of the General body shall be placed by the General Secretary before the President for approval and thereafter meetingls shall be convened accordingly.
v. 118th of the total membership of the Service shall constitute the Quorum of the General
8. Meetings of the Executive Councll: The Executive Councll of The
Association shall ordinarily meet once in three months:-
i. The General Secretary shall, with the approval of the President or on the basis of a requisition signed by not less than 113'd of the members of the Executive Council ,convene a meeting of the Executive Council at the earliest, but not later than seven days from the date of such approvallreceipt of the requisition as the case may be:-
Provided that at least five days notice shall be given by the General Secretary for convening the meeting of the Executive Council.
Provided further that the requirement of notice may be dispensed with or a notice of shorter duration given in emergent situations with the approval of the President.
ii). The agenda, venue, date and time of the proposed meeting of the Council shall be placed by the General S-ecretary before the President for approval and the agenda, so approved, shall thereafter be sent to members at least five days before the date of meeting.
iii]. The President may allow any person to attend any meeting as a special invitee. iv] .2/3rd of the total strength of Executive Council shall constitute the Quorum of the Executive Council.
9. Functions of the Executive Councll:
a) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution. the Executive Council shall deliberate upon & decide all issues as may arise in the course of discharge of its functions.
b) The Annual Report, Budget and Balance Sheet of the accounts of the Association duly audited shall be presented by the Executive Council before the General Body in the Annual general Meeting.
c) The Executive Council shall take suitable action, which may include expulsion from basic membership against any member should it have reason to believe that any of the actions of such member contravenes any provision of this Constitution or runs counter to the aims and objects of the Association. The action so taken shall be intimated to such Member.
10.Failure to attend meeting of the Executive Council:
i. Any Counsellors, who fails to attend the three
consecutive meetings of the Executive Council
without any valid reason shall be deemed to have
been disqualified from the membership of the
ii. Provided that the decision to determine the validity
or otherwhe of the reason for absence shall be taken
by the Executive Council with a majority of not less
than 2/3rd of its total membership after according
reasonable opportunity of being heard to such
11. Functions of the office Bearers of the Executive Council:
a]. the President shall-
i. Preside over the meeting of the Executive Council and General Body;
ii. Supervise the work of the Executive Council; and
iii. decide all points of order as may arise in the course of meeting of the Executive council & General Body. His decision in such matters shall be final and binding.
b] The vice President shall preside over the meetings in absence of the President.
c] The Vice President shall in case of a vacancy of the office of President for a term of less than one year, function as President for remainder of the term.
Provided that for a term of one year or more, the vice President shall cause the vacancy to be filled by election from amongst the members through secret ballot system.
d). The General Secretary Shall:-
i. convene all meetings of the Executive Council & General Body under the directions of the President;
ii. maintain records of the meetings and conduct correspondence relating to the work of the Association under the guidance of the Executive Council;
iii. draft the Annual Report and place the same before the Executive Council;
- address Press Conference in absence of the President and Vice president; &
- supervise all administrative matters of the Executive Council.
e). Publicity Secretary shall:-
i. Send brief proceedings of various meetings and other activities of the Association to the Press for publicity, with the approval of the Executive Council;
ii. Publish posters and pamphlets regarding any specified matter of business in the interests of the Association: &
iii. Arrange Press Conferences, as and when the need arises.
f] Treasurer shall:-
i. Prepare accounts of the Association and place the same before the Executive Council after every six months; &
ii. Prepare Annual Report, Budget and Balance Sheet of the accounts of the Association and get them audited for presentation by the Executive Council before the General Body in its annual meeting.
12. Funds of the Association: Initially, every member of the Association shall be required to contribute Rs. 3501- as membership Fee out which Rs. 501--will go to the corpus of welfare Fund. The Executive Council shall decide upon the quantum of contribution required to be made by each member on monthly basis to ensure the availability of sufficient finances for managing the affairs of the Association. The funds so collected shall be deposited in the Bank and shall be jointly operated upon by the General Secretary & Treasurer. The funds shall be utilized for the following purposes:-
a) for administrativk expenses of the Association including postages, stationery and other contingent expenditure; and
b) any other purposes which may be considered beneficial for the Association in furtherance of its cause and welfare of the individual Members.
13.Authorizatlon: The President shall have the authority to spend not more than Rs.5001- and the General Secretary not more than Rs. 3001- at a time. Expenditure over and above the limit specified above shall be spent with the prior approval of the Executive Council.
14.Right to inspect Records: The members of the General Body shall on demand have a right to examine the account books of the Association with the permission of the President on payment of Rs. 501- as inspection fee. Such examination shall be conducted in presence of,General Secretary & Treasurer.
15.Dissolution of the Association: The Association may be dissolved by a vote of not less than 113rd of the Members of the General body. In the event of the dissolution of the Association, the funds of the Association shall be dealt with in a manner as would be decided by the General Body.
16. Amendment of the constitution: Amendment to any provision of this Constitution shall be made by a majority of not less than 114th of the total membership of General Body.
Provided that any such amendment shall be submitted by the ~enerai Secretary of the Association to the Government through commissioner/Secretary to Government, General Administration Department for approval. Such amendment shall come into effect only after its approval by the Government.
17.Power to make Bye-Laws: The Executive Council shall be authorized to make Bye-laws for smooth conduct of the affairs of the Association.