- To promote the common service interests of its members.
- To develop & promote proper work culture in the service.
- To safeguard the rights, privileges and interests of the members.
- To demand such rights and privileges as are necessary for securing the service interests of the members.
- To espouse or support a cause of a member when it relates to or is concerned with the service in general.
- To promote fellow feeling and inculcate a sense of fraternity amongst the members.
- To organize the members and to project to the Government their needsldemands for improvement of their conditions of service.
- To constitute a Welfare Fund to be utilized in the event of any exigency like death of a member or loss sustained by a member as a result of natural calamitylaccident.
- To appreciate and recognize the integrity and merit of the members.